Thursday, April 10, 2014

Where would I be if...

Where would I be if I still lived in warm climate?  Would I be a true runner?  Would I find that "runners high"?  Would I wake up in the morning and want to go for a run?  Would I be looking forward to going for a run in the evening after work?

I was down in South Beach for my wonderful friend Ali Art's Bachelorette weekend and the warm weather was glorious.  First morning there, after a relatively early return to the hotel the night before (3:00am I believe), I got up to go for a run.  It was awesome.  The sun was out.  The boardwalk was relatively clear.  The beach sand was runnable, although still required a level of athleticism I did not have.  I ran along the boardwalk/beach until the end, then cut in to run along the canal.  The buildings, green water, puppies being walked and expensive yachts were all much more entertaining to look at than farm land being prepared for the warmer weather. Before I knew it 11 miles were completed and I would have gone for more, but the nervousness of my face burning held me back... I put it on my shoulders, legs, and neck but not face.  No excuse for that one.  But seriously, in all honestly, how can you not want to run with a view like this:




The weekend is now over, so I am back to the windy windy world of St. Peter, MN.


No comments:

Post a Comment